As a new Tetakawi client, you may be wondering what happens after your contract is signed. We make the transition of establishing your operations in our Manufacturing Communities as seamless as possible and create a soft landing for your business. At Tetakawi, we believe that your initial experience in establishing your manufacturing operations should be highly successful and set the stage for you to quickly reach your full market potential. Our team serves a variety of purposes in helping your business transition to operations in Mexico.
A dedicated Tetakawi Project Manager is assigned to smoothly manage the myriad details of establishing a manufacturing plant in Mexico, and our highly experienced service teams ensure that your business production starts within the time-frame agreed upon in the contract. Additionally, each service team provides onboarding training in their dedicated area to ensure your success in your new market.
Meet the Facilities Management Team
Whether it's new construction or an existing building that fits your needs, your dedicated project manager and our Facilities Management team will deliver a facility according to your specifications. The building starts with an architectural layout and a plan for completion of each milestone in the construction process. Our Facilities Management team helps ensure smooth construction and renovation for your plant, including management of:
- Permits and authorizations required to start construction or renovation
- Utility requirements: gas (where available), electric, water, sewer, garbage
- Production areas: floor specifications, power requirements, HVAC, water, ventilation, lighting
- Non-production areas: office space, restrooms, cafeteria, lockers, HVAC, water, lighting, chemical storage (hazardous and non-hazardous)
- Building access: shipping and receiving areas, docks, building entry and reception
- Safety and security requirements: compliant with OEA and Civil Protection
Your New Client Training program includes building infrastructure maintenance, park and common area maintenance, parking, safety and security, landscaping, pest control, and utilities issues.
Learn more about Facilities Management services.
Meet the Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Team
Our EHS team works closely with you to acquire all necessary business permits, licenses and authorizations required to operate in our Manufacturing Communities in compliance with EHS regulations in Mexico. The team also submits required regulatory reports on your behalf. At the start of business operations, the EHS team will walk you through:
- Acquisition of an operating license
- Submittal of environmental impact, residual waste water, and emissions reports
- Determination of how hazmat will be contained
- Establishment of a safety committee in compliance with Civil Protection requirements
Your New Client Training program includes coverage of permits required, compliance with SAT (STPS) requirements, and business continuity in case of natural disasters.
Learn more about the EHS requirements to operate a production plant in Mexico.
Meet the Import/Export Team
Our Import and Export team will work with you to fill out a questionnaire to determine Customs and Import and Export requirements. In collaboration with your business, the team will help acquire initial permits and licenses to begin importation of global raw materials and exportation of finished goods, including:
- Importer Registry
- Duty Reduction Programs, e.g. USMCA (NAFTA), PROSEC
- VAT Certification
- OEA – formerly known as NEEC, this is Mexico's equivalent of C-TPAT (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism)
- US Customs Broker Selection & Bond
Your New Client Training program includes information on USA and Mexican Customs regulations and broker relations, global import/export (inventory management, tariff classifications, duty reduction programs, IMMEX, OEA, VAT Certification, and importer/exporter of record), cross-dock services and freight piece handling and management, and other pertinent Mexican Government requirements.
Learn more about our Import/Export services.
Meet the Human Resources Team
Factory start-up staffing begins with the hiring of the Plant Manager based on your business profile and job description for the position. Our Human Resources team works with you to establish a staffing plan, including:
- Employee selection and hiring
- Compensation requirements
Your New Client Training program includes recruiting, selection, and hiring best practices, employee administration (onboarding, medical services, and legal disputes), labor union negotiations, payroll and benefits administration, and coverage of employer of record in Mexico.
Learn more about our Human Resource services.
Meet the Purchasing Team
Working closely with you, our purchasing team, will help you establish Mexico suppliers, vendors and service providers and implement purchasing solutions for the most cost-effective business operation, including:
- Service providers (electrical, voice and data, water and sewer, waste and trash, natural gas where available, and calibration services)
- Vendors and suppliers for tools, chemicals, MROs, safety and PPE, security systems, packaging materials
Your New Client Training program is provided on local vendor management, purchase ordering systems, and vendor payment.
Learn more about our Purchasing services.
Meet the Accounting and Tax Team
Our Accounting and Tax team supports fiscal compliance with the appropriate authorities. Your New Client Training is provided to ensure you understand the complex business regulations associated with VAT reimbursements, income tax calculations, insurances (life, medical, auto, property, liability, and in-transit), accounting, vendor payment management, credit terms, and client billing.
Learn more about our Accounting and Tax support services.
Additional Soft-Landing Services for Companies Based in the USA and Worldwide
In addition to operational support, Tetakawi’s services also ensure that expats working in our manufacturing communities and their families settle into their new business roles without difficulty. Some of the services provided include:
- Obtaining immigration documents
- Finding housing
- Importation of household furnishings
- Finding the right schools
- General orientation to living in Mexico
Ready to learn more about Tetakawi Manufacturing Communities?
Contact us to start your Mexico journey within one of our state of the art facilities that maintain world class resources and support services.